Dental Implants Waterloo
Your teeth play a big role in your overall health and self-esteem, so taking care of them is important. Dental implants are a great way to improve your smile and boost your confidence if you’re missing teeth.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss that can last a lifetime with proper care. They’re also much more comfortable and natural-looking than other options like dentures.
If you’re considering dental implants in Waterloo, visit us at Parkside Drive Dental. Dr. Manchester and Dr. Doherty will help you every step of the way, from consultation to after-surgery care. Call (519) 885-0810 or complete the online booking form to schedule an appointment.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that’s placed into your jaw bone to act as a replacement for your natural tooth root. Once the implant has healed and bonded with your bone, a custom-made tooth restoration is attached to the top of it.
This restoration can be a crown, bridge, or bar denture, depending on how many teeth you’re missing. Implants are the closest to natural teeth and can restore your smile and chewing function.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance. Implants look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- Improved Speech. Dentures can sometimes slip and cause you to mumble or slur your words. Implants are securely anchored in your mouth so you can speak without worry.
- Improved Oral Health. Unlike dentures, implants don’t require unique cleaning solutions or adhesives. You can brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
- Improved Self-Esteem. Dental implants can give you back your confidence by restoring your natural smile.
- Improved Comfort. Implants eliminate the discomfort of ill-fitting dentures. They’re also much more stable, so you don’t have to worry about them slipping or moving around in your mouth.
- Permanent. Dental implants are can last decades with proper care.
- Convenient. You don’t have to remove dental implants for cleaning as you do with dentures.
What To Expect From the Procedure
The implant procedure is usually completed in two steps. First, the implant is placed into your jawbone. This requires a surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. Second, an abutment, or connector piece, is placed on top of the implant. This is where your new tooth will be attached at a later time.
You can get implants either on your upper or lower jaw. The number of implants you receive will depend on how many teeth you are missing. Once the surgery is complete, you may have to wear a removable denture while your implant heals.
Healing time varies from person to person, but it usually takes about three to six months for the implant to fuse with your bone. Once the implant has healed, you’ll need to return to have your new tooth placed on the implant.
Bridge vs. Implant
If you’re missing one or more teeth, you might wonder if you should get a dental implant or a bridge. Both options have their benefits and drawbacks.
- Implants are more expensive than bridges but are much more durable and long-lasting. They also don’t require special care or cleaning solutions since you can brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
- Bridges are less expensive and can be placed in a single visit. However, they don’t last as long as implants because they rely on the surrounding teeth for support. Bridges also require special care to clean around the base of the bridge, where food and bacteria can get trapped.
The best option for you will depend on your individual needs and budget. Our team at Parkside Drive Dental can help you choose the best solution for your smile.
The Best Dental Implants in Waterloo-Kitchener
If you have been searching for the best dentist in Waterloo, look no further than Parkside Drive Dental. Our team uses the latest technology to provide comfortable and comprehensive dentistry. We pride ourselves on being patient-focused and love educating our patients and listening to their individual needs. Call (519) 885-0810 or complete the online booking form to schedule an appointment. We are located at 550 Parkside Drive, Unit A5, Waterloo, ON.
Do dental implants feel natural?
Implants are designed to feel and function just like your natural teeth. You shouldn’t notice any difference after your implant surgery.
How long do dental implants last?
Implants are permanent and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Are dental implants painful?
No, implants are not painful. The surgery is done under local anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. You might experience discomfort and swelling after the surgery, but this can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain medication.
Parkside Drive Dental is located in South of the Conestoga Parkway in the plaza on the northeast corner of Weber St. N and Parkside Dr.